How to Set Up Your Business Profile on Pinterest
If you're a small business you're probably overwhelmed with all the social media platforms you need to be active on. It's important to focus your time on the social media outlets that speak to your industry and demographic.
Pinterest has over 70 million users, with almost 80% being female (Hubspot)! Girls are planning their weddings, decorating their homes, and pinning their favorite clothes on this bustling social network. This doesn't mean other businesses cannot benefit from Pinterest features and the impact it can have on your business. Pinterest is great for SEO, generating customer leads, and brand awareness & engagement.
Don't know where to start? Here our a few tips on creating your Pinterest business profile.
1. Visit https://business.pinterest.com/en
2. Create a username & password.
3. Fill out the information with your brand name, a keyword optimized description, your web link, and location (if you are a local business this is important).
4. Try to connect to your network and follow boards and pinterest users with interesting content to get some inspiration.
5. Post interesting images using optimized keywords and descriptions. Create new boards for each category.
6. Use the location setting for your images if you are a local business.
7. Make sure to also verify your account and entering in your web address. Once it's verified there will be a little check mark at the top of your profile, and you'll get to use the Pinterest analytics section which will let you see that traffic to your boards and pins.
8. Be Social! - Share Pins and create new Pins!